Somerset’s Best Kept Secrets
As we gradually approach the better weather and longer, lighter days, there is so much for you to see and explore so we thought we’d compile a go-to guide for those who want to escape to Somerset this year…
1. Explore the real life Frankenstein story at Fyne Court
2. View one of the top 10 most beautiful lighthouses in the world at Burnham-on-Sea
3. Go back in time and fossick for Jurassic and Triassic fossils at Kilve
4. Catch a film at one of England’s smallest cinemas – The Roxy
5. Take in 360º views of the Somerset Levels at Burrow Mump
6. Hike over an extinct volcano in the Quantock Hills
7. Visit the world’s oldest engineered road at Avalon Marshes
8. Walk around the renovated barracks dating back to 1864 at Brean Down Fort
9. Be amazed by the artwork and craft of the artists at the Sand Sculpture Festival in Weston-super-Mare
10. Grab your wellies for a walk around the UK’s largest wetland marshes in Bridgwater
So whether you’re looking for a relaxing stay, a romantic getaway or a fun-packed, family break – there really is something for everyone to do in Somerset.
Related Blog Posts
The Top 5 Family-Friendly Attr...
Why not make your trip to Lakeside Holiday Park even more memorable by making the most of the top family ...View Post
Our Favourite Dog Walks in Dev...
We love dogs here at Galmpton Touring Park and are always happy to welcome four-legged family members to ...View Post
What to Take Camping: A Quicks...
If you’re new to the camping and touring, it can be a little overwhelming to know what essentials to ta...View Post